Used Forklifts | Santa Barbara
Raymond Handling Solutions is a Santa Barbara supplier of used forklifts.
We are backed by one of the largest service and parts operations in California.
Call us today at (805) 749-2777
Are you thinking about buying used forklifts? There are thousands of used forklifts available in Santa Barbara and throughout the Southern CA market. Buying pre-owned forklifts is usually a sound strategy and it could save you quite a bit of money. If you’re on the fence about acquiring pre-owned lift trucks, consider a few of the upsides:
Used Forklifts in Santa Barbara
When acquiring brand new forklifts, financing arrangement and truck delivery is not immediate. One great advantage to used lift truck sales is that they are generally local, often close quickly and you can take delivery sooner.
Used Forklift Pricing
Similar to buying a used vehicle, you will often pay less when you buy pre-owned lift trucks. A used forklift price discount depends heavily on the truck type and lift truck brand, but you’ll generally pay quite a bit less for used equipment. If you track down a previously owned forklift for sale, you may want to check prices on two equivalent lift trucks in your region to confirm you’re getting a fair deal.
Used Lift Truck Values
Buying used forklifts has the added advantage of allowing you to get better equipment than you could normally afford to buy new. Used lift truck prices for recent models that are almost identical to the newest on the showroom floor can be highly discounted, which means you can acquire the latest and greatest for far less than the price of buying new.
Used Forklift Dealers
If you purchase your trucks from a preowned lift truck dealer that acts as a distributor, you can get manufacturer certified, previously owned lift trucks that are just about as good as purchasing new. These preowned forklifts are fully checked out, cleaned and overhauled by certified specialists and they frequently come with a warranty.
Acquiring trucks from a dealer also gives you access to their financing, service contracts, parts delivery and other things that aren’t an option with a private party purchase.
Given that you’re now aware of some of the advantages of buying used lift trucks, you should consider several other factors to see if a used forklift approach is suitable for your operation:
- Lift Truck Use Hours: how much use will your lift trucks be getting? If you’re using your equipment all day, every day, it may actually be a better option to lease your trucks or buy them brand new, despite the fact you’ll increase your cost up front. Heavy use patterns are better suited to new forklifts, or trucks that will be maintained by another party.
- Maintenance Capability: are you employing mechanics that can service your used lift trucks? If you have a mechanic on your team that can fix and service previously owned lift trucks, it makes sense to buy used equipment. In cases where you don’t have qualified employees, you should consider a service contract.
- Reputable Used Forklift Dealers: purchasing from a reputable, experienced dealership is always sensible. Authorized sellers will often sell off-lease equipment that has been regularly and correctly maintained. Private party sales, however, are almost always a risk—you typically can’t verify the true history of the equipment or how it was serviced.
- Forklift Safety: when buying a used lift truck, you should always consider safety as your primary concern. For every transaction you should schedule a used forklift inspection from an authorized technician.
- Preowned Forklift Warranty: preowned lift trucks bought from dealers many times are supplied with a temporary warranty. If you can secure an additional warranty or maintenance agreement, you may want to evaluate the extra charge vs the outlay of procuring brand new equipment.
Used Forklifts For Sale in Santa Barbara
If you’d like to buy a used forklift or get information on used lift trucks for sale in Santa Barbara or anywhere in Southern California or Las Vegas, you can speak with an expert at Raymond Handling Solutions by calling (805) 749-2777.